Essential Emergency Items For Your Next Trade Show
It’s a scenario far too many exhibitors are familiar with. You’re at the trade show, your trade show display is up and running. You go to reach for something, only to realize that you’ve forgotten it.
Nimlok Michigan can help you create the perfect exhibit, whether you’re looking for a custom, portable, or rental display. But even if your display is ready to go, you’ll want to bring extra supplies just in case. Avoid the possibility of any future trade show blunders with a well-stocked emergency exhibiting kit that covers all scenarios. Below is a list of some must-have items for your trade show emergency kit.
This may seem obvious, but pens, business cards and other office supplies are necessities at trade shows simply because everyone uses these items on a daily basis, especially when marketing.
Some useful office supplies to have in your trade show booth are:
- Business cards: Pass these out to attendees to promote your brand and yourself
- Pens, pencils, markers, and Sharpies: Bring plenty for your staff and guests
- Staplers and paper clips: When dealing with documents, you’re bound to need them
- Scissors: Just in case
- Notepads: It’s never a bad idea to have extra material to write on
- Calculator: Bring one for each member of your staff
You never know when a trade show display emergency is going to pop up. It is best to be prepared with a wide assortment of tools that can help you make a quick fix regardless of whether you have a custom trade show exhibit or a portable display.
Key tools to have in your trade show exhibit include:
- Flashlight: You never know when you may need an extra light
- Screwdriver, hammer, screws: It’s always good to have the basic tools around for exhibit repairs
- Measuring Tape: For any architecture-related issues
- Duct tape or packaging tape: A quick fix for just about anything
- Box cutter: Many don’t think to bring a box cutter, but you’ll never be sorry you did
Trade show marketing veterans know that emergencies may arise that require cleaning supplies. Best to be prepared with a wide variety of items.
- Paper towels: For any spills or light cleaning
- Carpet stain remover: Staff and visitors will track dirt into your exhibit space, and coffee may spill
- Adhesive remover: Keep your exhibit looking like new every day on the show floor
Miscellaneous Trade Show Marketing Items
There are many miscellaneous items to have on hand at your exhibition:
- Breath mints: Your staff will engage with attendees all day, make an impression with fresh breath
- Sewing kit: Wardrobe malfunctions can happen to anyone at any time, so it’s best to be prepared
- Ziploc bags: These can always come in handy
- Tissues: Everyone needs to blow their nose now and then
- Hand sanitizer: Fight off germs so you can stay healthy for the duration of your show
- Basic medicine: Keep staff healthy with aspirin, antacids, eye drops, throat lozenges, etc.
- First aid kits: For minor medical emergencies
- Hair ties: You can never have too many, and you never know who might need one
- Batteries: Never be caught off guard by faulty batteries when you have extra
- Phone chargers: Bring backup chargers for both iPhones and Androids. Your staff will thank you!
Trade shows can be hectic, but being prepared with an emergency kit helps keep you calm and collected. For more information about the trade show display specialists at Nimlok Michigan, contact us here or call us at 616.233.9401.